- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Bake using the sweet bread setting if your machine has it.
- If not, use white bread setting.
- When the bread is done, remove from the machine and let sit on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- If it sticks, just loosen the sides with a pliable, plastic spatula and it should slip out easily.
- This makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf that rose really nicely.
- I did check the dough about 5, 10 minutes into the kneading cycle; if you squeeze a good amount of the dough between your thumb and fingers and it seems a bit moist, and some dough sticks to your fingers, it should be just right; if not, adjust with water or flour accordingly.