Monday, December 15, 2008

It was candy making day at my house yesterday.

Why don't I ever think to take pics of the goodness I make. I will get better, maybe one day.

So I made the cream cheese truffles, a little messy, not bad, very good, so very worth the mess.

I dipped pretzel rods in the remaining melted chocolate and the girls decorated them with sprinkles. Fun was had by all, and they got to eat the sprinkles left in their bowls at 9 am, unheard of in this house until yesterday. hehe

Then I made Butter Brickle, thanks to Tree from Granola Chicks. She posted the recipe and I knew I had to try it. It is an interesting combination, but a very tasty treat.

BUTTER BRICKLE BARS

Saltines
1 c. real butter
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts


Spray 10"x15" cookie sheet (with sides) with Pam and line with saltines. Combine butter and brown sugar in saucepan and boil hard 3 minutes.
Pour over saltines and bake in 400 degree oven for 5 minutes only. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top to melt then spread. Sprinkle on nuts and press into chocolate. Cool to warm and cut into bars. Cool completely.

**I sprinkled these with chopped pecans and coconut, heavenly!!

Make them, enjoy them, try to share them. They are easy and wonderful! My favorite combination.

3 comments:

Madawyh said...

Jules - those are some of my favorites ever! So quick, easy and yummy. I ate them all last time... hmmmm

Joleen said...

won't work with margarine?

jamnsfld76 said...

Joleen, I don't know, I just followed the directions given. hmmmm

I think I would worry that margarine would have too much water, but you could probably try it and see. It should get pretty thick when it is boiling.