Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm BACK!! Monday

(You know you are addicted to twitter when you start to write #mv for you blog title. lol)

Anyway, maybe you are thinking "why I'm back?" Last week I said I was ready to RE-commit to Fit and this week I feel myself getting back into a good groove. It is so inspiring to me to see people like Jared and Leah saying "hey I need to get back to where I need to be." I have struggled for a few weeks to figure out how to balance being a work at home mom and getting to the gym. This week I have just decided that gym time HAS to be a priority and I WILL make it work.

To show my commitment I am also going to start weighing in every other week, and that starts today. I haven't weighed in for some time and I had a feeling I wasn't going to like what I saw but I did it anyway. I am at 159 (up 4 lbs from 155). I wasn't eating right, snacking too much and making bad choices along with not working out like I should. I EARNED that gain and now it is time to EARN my Loss.

Yesterday I did my first Kettlebell work out and WHOA was it great! I feel it in my back and inner thighs today, that is a GOOD feeling.I am not sure if Kettlebell workouts count as cardio but MAN Do they make you sweat. lol Today I got to the gym early (5:20 and did 25 min of cardio and 35 min of cardio weight training). I call it cardio weight training because I am already hot from my treadmill time and boy do I sweat more during my weight training time. Plus I really try to do the movements quickly (but safely don't get me wrong) I don't take breaks between sets and I try to keep my heart rate up.

I am getting back to menu planning and semi-journaling. I am not very good at either but I can see that I need to hold myself more accountable during the day. So I am making the effort.

Definitely working to get more water in during the day, and doing pretty good with that most days.

Congrats to all the sistas applying to the mv mom campaign. It is tough to sit (wait I hope you aren't just sitting around there is no time for that) and wait to see who will be a finalist and then the final 2 but you all deserve the spot and I can't wait to see how you do. And then get to watch the rest you all kick booty in the Move It and Lose It challenge. Congrats also to Amanda @beeacutie2. She is such a doll and so sweet always having positive things to say to everyone.

12 comments:

~Lori~ said...

I soooo want to get some kettle bells!!

head up girl and remember you were sick, that take alot out of ya...trust me I know!

hit this week head on, you know what to do and you can do it!

kia said...

Congrats on your recommitment. You earned that gain, now earn that loss. I came to your post today with a huge grin after reading you are getting back to you. You rock and have had an interesting few months with life events, I hope you are doing well and shining as you get back to yourself.

gretablau said...

That ALL sounds like time you can count for the movement challenge. you were sweating and your heart rate was up.

I just try to journal food as many days as i can and sometimes that just means writing down a list on a piece of paper. Just keeps you honest. Good luck!

Steph-Fit Mom in Training said...

Well if Kettlebells don't count as movement they sure as heck count as Mamaguns!! I've never tried them but I hear they are intense!
Way to with recommitting yourself. I hope you're able to get the gym time/workouts that you have planned this week.

Anonymous said...

I've never tried Kettlebells... to be honest, they scare me a little bit. I'm looking forward to following your journey with them! You're gonna rock it this week!

Lisa Johnston said...

For some reason, I'm afraid of kettlebells. not sure why!

Good luck, Jules! You're going to do great in your new re-commitment, and I'm proud of you! :)

MWAH!

Kimberly @shrinkingkimberwls said...

When the doc gives me the green light, I am going for kettlebells!! I want to do that!! You know what to do to get those 4 lbs back off, so let's do it! Way to go on re-committing girl!

Momma On The Run said...

Cardiovascular exercise is exercise that raises your heart rate and keeps it elevated for a period of time with out stopping! So yes, Kettlebells are def cardio!! I love them.

Good for you for getting back to you! You've come a long way these past couple months! I look forward to hearing more about your workouts!

Colleen said...

great job with the kettlebells. I was doing the kettleworx dvds and they sure felt like total cardio to me...I was so out of breath and thought I would die at first!

Keep up the good work getting recommitted!

Laura said...

UgH! I have totally Earned my gain too! haha... definately time to get back on track... glad that the commit2fit presented itself!

Hope this week goes well for you! sounds like you've got a great kettleball workout going on!

@SeeLauraRun

Stephen and Amanda O'Dair blog said...

umm am I the only one who had to google kettle bells??? LOL I did and wow ok you are aweosme!!! I am so excited to see you back! Know that we all have our ups and down time adn that we will always be here for ya no judgement!

Unknown said...

great job on the workouts and i hope you can go down on the scale the next time you weigh in, don't give up hugs

lorrie
http://150by40.wordpress.com