Monday, June 7, 2010

Repost Monday June 7, 2010

I had a HUGE Ah-HA moment last night. I was reading Shay Sorrells' blog (you know Shay from BL and the Subway challenge) and came across a post about Motivation and it just really struck home for me. I printed it off because it is full of great quotes and sayings. I really needed this after a couple of lousy, unmotivated weeks. So I picked my sorry, full of self pity self up, dusted myself off and walked. No one is gonna make me do it but ME. I have always been one to say, just motivate me, push me out the door and I will do anything with you, but don't expect me to push you out the door. Well no one is here pushing me out the door, I HAVE to push myself. I am taking Shay's advice and I am going take that list of great quotes and post them around where I will see them. To remind myself that I am worth the effort and the effort is worth the end results.

It would have been nice to have that AH-HA moment last Monday or Tuesday, but I will take it no matter when it comes. I had a pretty grumpy week last week. My great Aunt Flo came to visit and she is never very pleasant. You know the worst part of it all, I KNOW I am grumpy and no matter how hard I try to fight it off I can't. So I had to do some apologizing to my kids and neighbor (thank goodness she totally gets me). I promised her I would only be that way once a month, lol.

I didn't do much in the work out department last week. I think 2 days of walking and of course some gardening and lawn mowing, which I honestly think is the most intense workout I get each week, 45 min of push mowing in 90+ degree weather. I was good on eating, except for one day when I was a fiend for the food, I think I posted on twitter, I was eating and I wasn't even hungry, darn hormones. But I am proud to say that even w/ a few crappy weeks (2 of which I didn't even face the scale) I decided to step on this morning and found that I am DOWN A POUND!! (That make 5 total lost since my start)

Which lead to another AH-HA moment this morning, if I can lose a pound by just eating better/smarter, imagine what I can do if I actually work out every day too. Which is why I really want to get the EA Active More Workout game for the Wii. I love having a variety of ways to get my Move on, sometimes a dvd or a Wii game, sometimes outside doing stuff. So hopefully (if my power doesn't go out from a storm again this week and my mic works) you will see me on Mamavation TV tonight. :) I want that game.

Congrats to to Morgan @mommymomo for being the Sista of the Week! I haven't had a chance to get to know you much but I hope to in the near future.

So my goals for this week

1) Keep up the good eating habits, they are starting to stick. I am even drinking my 2nd (gasp) glass of water today. That is huce considering it is only noon. Eating smart is getting easier too now that my mom's garden is in full swing. Just picked 4 zuchinni and 2 cucumbers as well as a huge mess of peaches.

2) MOVE It everyday. Something. And once a week I want to push myself harder, pick a harder DVD, or walk further at the park. Slowly building from where I am comfortable and getting out of my comfort zone a bit.

3) Keep drinking water. I am probably getting 2-3 glasses a day so I need to bump it up to 4-5 a day. Which I would translate to about 50 oz (guessing 10 a glass). My mini water goal is to be at 85 oz a day, hopefull I will be there in another week or 2.

4) Last is to STEP away from the computer more. I love chatting w/ you all and other online friends but it sucks me in and then I am just sitting here, not doing what I need to be doing. So I am gonna power down during the day so I am not tempted to check in here and there. It will be good for me and good for my kids. If ya need me or wanna check in on me message me on FB, twitter, here or shoot me an email.

I hope you all have a GREAT week!!

No comments: