Monday, March 9, 2009

Homemade Chocolate pudding

Oh I have been wanting to make a chocolate pudding pie, FOREVER. And to be honest, boxed pudding just doesn't do it for me, like it did when I was a kid so I started looking for a good homemade recipe. I haven't tried this one yet, but from reading the reviews I can't wait to give it a whirl. And it seems like a very simple recipe, with simple, good ingredients. I found this at allrecipes.com After I make this I will be sure to post an update, an maybe for once I will get a picture too. :D

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 3/4 cups milk
  • 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Place over medium heat, and stir in milk. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat, and stir in margarine and vanilla. Let cool briefly, and serve warm, or chill in refrigerator until serving.

1 comment:

Lisa Johnston said...

Pictures girl! Pictures!